Monday, July 19, 2010

A Full Day in Paris

Today was our first full day in Paris.  We went to a sidewalk cafe for breakfast - I didn't remember to take a photo until we were finished. That's how great it was. But the oj was warm, not cold.

expresso, cafe longue, 2 croissant chocolat and fresh squeezed oj


Dave went to his conference - the European Society of Math and Art.  They are having a reception tonight, but first we will blog again from our new-found favorite bar that has free wifi.

I saw the Louvre - I saw all of the Louvre. In One Day. I am very well-versed in Art History, unlike most of the people who were visiting the Louvre. I was able to navigate the Metro successfully this morning and got there as they opened. They have lots of famous pieces, and this is where most of the crowds are. The Mona Lisa is great, but having to look over the shoulders of people who are only there because its famous, is annoying. Also, losts of people touched stuff and got yelled at - ne touchez pas!!!!

One of my favorite paintings - Death of Sardonopoulis, by J-L David

After traipsing around all three buildings of the Louvre, I left to do some shopping and catch the Metro to meet Dave.  As predicted, it didn't go as smoothly as it probably should/could have. There was more than one left getting off the train, and that was the way I went. When I realized I was at the Pont Neuf, not the Jardins du Luxembourg, I was way far from where I should have been. I finally walked back and found Dave, but it was a little disconcerting.

That's all for now - took lots more photos and will try to get them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment