Thursday, July 11, 2013

A nice day in the UK

The second day of my conference way good.  I had some nice conversations and heard some very interesting talks.  One presenter, James Mallos, gave an interesting talk on weaving patterns; pictures available on his blog.  There is a room with several display items from other researchers.  Francesco de Comité had some cool 3D printed objects.  They are about 5 inches across and look much cooler in 3D!







There was a nice conference dinner at a restaurant on the beach tonight with good food and conversation.  I am back in the hotel finalizing my talk for tomorrow morning.  It will be my last full day in Bournemouth before heading to London.  The weather was cooler today, but still very pleasant.

Here is a cool feature I am using on my phone.  With offline maps on Google Maps for Android, you can view a map even when you aren't connected to the Internet (more info).  I saved a map of Bournemouth before I left and so I was able to use the GPS on my phone, even without data connectivity.  I saved maps for some other cites, but I could only save a few.  I have been able to ramble about town without fear of getting too lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment