Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Update from Amy's point of view

I know everyone is dying for a sock update. Here's where I was Tuesday at lunch in Oxford. I knit in the tube and anytime I think I can get in a few rounds. I am planning on making real progress tomorrow on the train to Scotland.

The British library had many fascinating things: Jane Austen's writing desk and teenage notebooks with a funny inscription from her dad, the earliest copy of Beowulf, and Mozart's marriage certificate.

We went on a royal tour yesterday afternoon and hit the Tower of London, tower bridge, Buckingham palace and Fortnum & Mason. We so saw Westminster Abbey and walked past the Ritz. I am delighted to fill Dave in on how all of these places relate to my knowledge of royals and the movie Notting Hill.

No royal baby yet. But there was a lot of hubbub at the palace when we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment